Monday, February 13, 2017

Sealed With Love Milk Carton


Sealed With Love Milk Carton

I really like Stampin' Up!'s Baker's Box Thinlits Dies. In the past I've made a bunch to fill and give as school treats for my son's classmates. For this Valentine's Day, I needed to make some more, but I had one problem. The quantity and packaging of the treats I purchased wouldn't fit in the Baker's Box, nor any other Stampin' Up! container. What to do? What to do?
Well, I decided to put my engineering skills to work and create a larger version of the Baker's Box. I decided to call my version a Milk Carton, because that's just what it resembles. The finished dimensions of the Milk Carton are about the same as the Baker's Box, except that it is taller and a little wider. Most importantly it allows me to stuff more goodies inside, so problem solved. It's such an easy and quick project. I hope you'll give it a try!

Finished Dimensions Comparison

Stampin' Up!'s Baker's Box
width: 2 5/8"
depth: 2 1/4"
height: 4"

Milk Carton
width: 3"
depth: 2 1/4"
height: 6 1/2"

Instructions:

  • Cut 2 pieces  of cardstock each measuring 5 1/2" x 8 1/4"
  • With the short end at the top, score @ 1/4" and 2 1/2".
  • With the long end at the top, score @ 1/2", 2 1/4", and 6 3/4".
  • Score diagonal lines in upper left rectangle. Find center point (1 1/8"), and score to corners of rectangle where previous score lines intersect. (See template photo below). (Do this for both pieces of cardstock)
  • Fold on all score lines. (Both pieces of cardstock)
  • Attach strong adhesive (recommended: Tear Tape, or Fast Fuse) along front side of 1/4 inch scored tab, and the inside of the larger bottom flaps. (Do this for both pieces of cardstock)
  • Watch instructional video listed below for easy assembly instructions.
Milk Carton Template

Video Tutorial


Photos









No comments:

Post a Comment